Kids in the Kitchen
When you were little, remember how important you felt when you were really able to help with a big family event? Kids of all ages can lend a hand, from setting the table to prepping veggies to making colorful treats for the special feast. Here are a few ideas to get your kids involved and help them feel like they're an important part of the celebration.
Ages 4 to 5
- Give them a stool and a scrub brush. Set them up at the kitchen sink and have them wash the potatoes and carrots.
- After the table's set, they can place the napkins around the table. Maybe even have them help pick out the napkins.
- Have them put place cards at each table setting. They can even help make place cards with a little help from an older sibling.
Ages 6 to 7
- Make place cards, print names and put them around the table.
- Fold napkins and insert into napkin rings.
- Help set the table.
- Serve appetizers.
Ages 8 to 10
- Help create the centerpiece.
- Help chop some of the vegetables, carefully.
- Take beverage orders.