- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
Combine the first seven ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lime juice and peel; set aside.
Combine the chicken, dried cranberries, carrot, green onions, mint and basil in a small bowl.
Place about 3 tablespoons chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf. Top with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce mixture and 2 teaspoons peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling. Serve with remaining sauce.
Makes 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wrap equals 148 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
2010 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist
Priscilla Yee, Concord, CA