- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped toasted almonds *
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil (chiffonade)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 32 slices (1/2-inch thick) French baguette bread, cut on a slight diagonal
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 8 ounces Chevre (goat cheese), room temperature
- GARNISH IF DESIRED
- Strips or curls of lemon zest
- Fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine all tapenade ingredients in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
Arrange baguette slices in single layer on large baking sheet; lightly brush with olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted, turning once. Remove from oven. Gently rub each slice with cut side of garlic. Evenly spread cheese on crostini, about 1/2 tablespoon per slice. Spoon about 2 teaspoons tapenade over each crostini.
Return to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is warm. Garnish each crostini with lemon zest or parsley. Arrange on serving plate, garnishing plate with additional parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
*To toast almonds place slivered or sliced almonds in dry skillet over medium heat and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown and fragrant.
Makes 32 crostini.
2008 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist