- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans
- 1 12oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- *Gluten free All-Purpose 1:1 flour can be used.
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ¼ cup olive oil and ¾ cup granulated sugar. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 2 eggs and combine. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups flour, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Gradually add to the sugar and egg bowl, incorporating as you go.
3. Mix in 1 cup Ocean Spray® Original Craisins® Dried Cranberries and 1 ½ cups Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans by hand.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Diving dough in half, form two long logs on parchment, each about 2 inches wide. Dough will be sticky.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes and not any longer. Cut into ¾ inch slices on a diagonal. Place slices back on baking sheet flat on their cut side and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Biscotti should be very dry.
6. You can end things here and mangia, but if you want to really go for the gold…melt semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl in the microwave (stovetop works too just go low and slow) in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until fully melted. If chocolate is too thick add very small amounts (½ teaspoon at a time) of vegetable oil. Dip cookie in chocolate and then into ½ cup of Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans. Lay on parchment paper to harden.
8. If you want to freeze dough, it’s best do it after your form it into logs. To bake, remove logs from freezer, then bake immediately.