- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups honey or agave
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup white or milk chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and mix well.
In another medium size bowl, cream together coconut oil and honey until well combined. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. Fold Craisins® Dried Cranberries and nuts (optional) and/or chocolate chips (optional) into mixture.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill scoop with dough and drop dough onto baking sheet. Gently press down on each ball to flatten dough slightly.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.