- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange food coloring, optional
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
- Tubes of decorative writing gel; green, orange, red, white for garnish
Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Add food coloring until desired color is achieved. Using a rubber scraper, gently mix whipped topping and dried cranberries into cream cheese mixture.
Arrange half the cookies, rounded side down on a large tray. Top each cookie with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Cover each with remaining plain cookies and freeze overnight. Decorate with writing gel to make spider webs and spooky faces. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 20 sandwich pies.
PER SERVING: Calories 149, Protein 2grams, Carb. 21grams, Fat 6grams, Chol. 13grams, Dietary Fiber 1gram, Sugar 16grams, Vitamin A 50RE, Vitamin E <1mg, Vitamin C <1mg, Sodium 107mg, Pot. 42mg, Iron <1mg, Calcium 13mg