- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 1 1/3 pounds frozen shrimp, defrosted
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons red sweet pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Melt butter or margarine over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots and cook until tender and transparent. Add shrimp, stirring to coat with butter. Increase heat to medium-high; add wine and 2 tablespoons red pepper. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
Add curry, almond extract, cranberry apple drink, 2 teaspoons parsley and salt. Stir and continue cooking until liquid has thickened slightly. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with toasted almonds and remaining red pepper and parsley. Serve over rice or pasta.
Makes 4 - 6 servings.
Per Serving: Cal. 294 (14% DV), Fat Cal. 99, Pro. 27g (53% DV), Carb. 19g (6% DV), Fat 11g (16% DV), Chol. 247 mg (82% DV), Sod. 489mg (20% DV), Vit. A 146RE (14% DV), Vit. C 31mg (51% DV), Vit E 1mg (2% DV), Calcium 61mg (6% DV), Iron 4mg (23% DV), Folate 11Ug (2% DV), Zinc 2mg (13% DV), Pot. 317mg (9% DV), Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1, Meat 4.