- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped grapefruit segments (fresh or jarred - if fresh, remove membranes)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno chile (to taste)
- 6 ounces cooked lump crabmeat
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Adobo seasoning with black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (4 oz), if desired
Mix 3 cups juice, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and salt in 1 1/2-quart nonmetal container; mix well. Add all remaining gazpacho ingredients; stir. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Stir well before serving.
Combine crab meat, avocado, red onion, pepper, Adobo seasoning, cumin and 2 tablespoons juice in medium bowl; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
Divide gazpacho among 6 shallow soup bowls. Top each with a mound of crab relish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
2013 Ocean Spray® "Surprisingly Versatile" Grapefruit Recipe Contest Grand Prize Winner Leah Lyon