- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning with pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces fresh feta cheese
Rub chicken thighs with adobo seasoning and oil at least 1 hour before grilling. (The night before is even better.)
Melt butter in pan on grill’s side burner over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook until crispy. Remove from pan, leaving drippings in pan. Add shallot and garlic; cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add beans and cayenne; cook for 5 minutes longer. Add stock, cranberry sauce, sweetened dried cranberries, sherry and lemon juice; bring to a low boil. Cook for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add bacon. Keep warm.
Preheat grill. Grill chicken until cooked through; transfer to large New England Patriot serving platter. Pour cranberry mixture over chicken. Crumble feta over cranberry mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Ocean Spray 2010 Tailgating Recipe Contest Finalist
Daniel Rinaldi of Cranston, RI