- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in bite-size strips
- 1 cup pea pods, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments (fresh or canned, drained)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Push to one side of skillet. Add bell pepper and pea pods; cook 1 minute or until starting to soften. Stir in orange segments.
Combine both juices, vinegar, orange marmalade, soy sauce, and cornstarch medium bowl. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until thick and chicken is no longer pink. If desired, serve over hot cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings.