- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef or veal or chicken demi-glace or gravy
- 1/4 cups Brandy for deglazing the pan
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot but not smoking. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with flour. Shake off excess flour. Sauté the chicken on medium-high for 3 ½ minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn the chicken over and add cranberries. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes (stirring cranberries occasionally) or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Remove the chicken from the pan and let rest.
Add shallots and mushrooms to pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the demi glace or gravy. Stir and then return the chicken to the sauce allowing it to simmer with the sauce for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with rice or mashed potatoes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Pacula.