- For the Salad:
12 ounces chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup or
- 1 cup crunchy chickpeas
- 1/3 cup banana peppers, sliced
- 1/3 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 each Pita bread
- For the Dressing:
1/2 each Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup Tahini (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh and roughly chopped
- To taste Greek yogurt dressing - cucumber and dill, or your favorite flavor
In a large mixing bowl combine all salad ingredients except the dressing.
In a separate container, mix dressing ingredients until well combined. Add the dressing to your liking and toss to coat, serve immediately with warmed pita bread.
Chef’s Tip: For added crunch add chopped walnuts. Or, if you are looking for added protein, top with grilled chicken or premade falafel.