- 1 package 12oz
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Stevia, or your favorite alternative sweetener*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh orange juice (optional)
- *Note- Use the conversion amount given on the packaging of your alternative sweetener to replace ¾ cup of regular sugar
Rinse the cranberries well and drain excess water. Pick through the cranberries and discard any soft ones.
In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, stevia (or preferred sugar alternative), and water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally. Cook until the cranberries have popped, and the mixture has reduced to a sauce consistency, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the pot from heat and stir in the orange zest. If you would like to add cinnamon or orange juice, add it now.
The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed (up to 1 week).