- SAUCE BASE:
- 1 10-ounce jar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- HOT SEASONING:
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced canned hot jalepeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
Combine base ingredients with your choice of ONE hot seasoning, in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Whisk vigorously and frequently. Reduce heat to a low boil. Simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Cool to room temperature or chill until needed. Use as a grilling sauce for poultry, pork and beef.
Makes about 2 cups.