- 2 limes
- 8 jumbo prawns (size 13/15), Poached in water till medium rare
- 4 ounces micro greens
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 box of heirloom toybox tomatoes (sliced lengthwise into 4)
- 1 cucumber, diced in ¼ inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Muscat wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Chiogga beet, peeled & roasted in oven till cooked through
- 1 bunch of chives, thinly sliced
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced on a bias
- Salt & pepper
For the Shrimp Ceviche:
In a small bowl, mix 1 cup Pink Cranberry Juice Cocktail, juice and zest from both limes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the poached shrimp and place in refrigerator, covered for at least 4 hours
For the Dressing:
In a mixing bowl, add chives and Muscat vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil to create an infusion dressing, adding salt and pepper to taste.
For the Beet Puree:
Cut the Chiogga beet into six pieces, place in a blender with ½ cup of the remaining Pink Cranberry Juice Cocktail and ¼ cup of dressing. Puree until smooth.
Assemble the Salad:
Place a tablespoon of the beet puree on a plate and spread. In a small bowl, add tomato, grapefruit segments, and cucumbers and mix in the remaining dressing. Using a 3 inch ring mold, place ¼ of this mixture in the mold and press, removing any excess dressing (optional). Place 2 marinated prawns on the side and garnish with micro greens and a watermelon radish.
Recipe crafted by: Chef Carlo Cavallo