- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons green jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 8 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 24 3 1/4-inch square wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons water, room temperature
- Vegetable oil, for frying
In a 1-quart saucepan, combine grapefruit juice, sugar, vinegar, red bell pepper and jalapeño; bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat until it reduces by half (about 1 hour). Sauce will thicken as it cools; cool completely before using. (If desired, this step can be prepared one or more days in advance.)
In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and 1/4 cup cooled pepper jelly.
Spread wonton wrappers over flat work surface; place even amount (about 1 ½ teaspoons) of goat cheese mixture onto the center of each wrapper. Brush two sides of wonton wrappers (edges only) with water. Fold into a triangle and press the edges together to seal. Repeat process with remaining filling and dough.
In a 2-quart saucepan, pre-heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry filled wontons two at a time until both sides are golden (about 1 minute). Place on paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Arrange over serving platter and serve with remaining Ruby Red pepper jelly. Enjoy!
Makes 24 individual servings.
2018 Ocean Spray® Grapefruit Gourmet Recipe Contest Second Place Winner, Lidia Haddadian