- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup Heinz® Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onions
- 1 pound frozen phyllo dough, defrosted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted, for basting
- 2 tablespoons red pimentos, for garnish
Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add ground chicken and sauté until chicken is no longer pink. Add ginger, mustard, salt, red pepper flakes and chili powder and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chili sauce, cranberry sauce and water to chicken mixture. Mix well. Simmer until chicken is cooked through. Add onions to chicken mixture, remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll phyllo dough. Cut dough into 4 equal strips. Cover dough with waxed paper. Heat butter in small saucepan over low heat until melted.
Remove one sheet of phyllo dough from beneath waxed paper. Keep remaining phyllo dough covered. Cut sheet into 2-inch strips. Baste strip with melted butter using pastry brush. Add a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture onto one end of strip and fold corner of phyllo up over filling in triangle pattern. Continue folding in triangle pattern along the strip. Place filled triangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and phyllo.
Brush triangles with melted butter. Place a single pimento on top of each triangle. Bake for 17-19 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 20-24 appetizers.