- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut up
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut *
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray and line outside of pan with foil. Combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl. With pastry blender or two knives cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in coconut then stir in 2 teaspoons water adding additional water if necessary to moisten mixture. Press crust into bottom and up sides of pan, flouring dough and fingers if necessary.
Bake at 375°F. 9 to 12 minutes or until set. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Cool completely on wire rack.
Meanwhile, cook cranberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, covered, until the sugar melts. Cool slightly, stir in flour and orange peel. Pour into baked crust.
Bake at 350°F. 45 to 50 minutes or until the filling is bubbling on the edges and in the center. Cover the crust edge with foil halfway through baking if getting too dark. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle the toasted coconut around the outside edge of cranberries.
* To toast coconut, place on a sheet pan in 350 F oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly brown, watching carefully.
Makes 8 servings