- 8 ounces soba noodles (about 2 bundles) or spaghetti noodles of choice
- 1 large or 2 small English cucumbers
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup total, a mix of chopped fresh cilantro, basil, and mint
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions (4 or 5)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the soba noodles until al dente, according to package directions (usually 3 to 4 minutes). Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Peel, cut the cucumber into 3-inch long pieces, and finely julienne.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, herbs (save a few a tablespoons for garnish), and red pepper flakes. Once blended, whisk in some of the water to loosen to your desired consistency.
Toss the soba noodles in about ¾ of the sesame-ginger sauce. Mix in the Craisins® Dried Cranberries, cucumber, scallions, and sesame seeds. Season to taste with additional soy sauce or salt. Garnish with remaining herbs.