- For the Lemon Dressing:
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided use
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, reserve for the protein
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Your choice of greens:
- 3 cups baby kale, arugula, swiss chard, spinach or beet greens
- Your choice of grains:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, millet, barley, brown rice or farro
- Your choice of protein:
- 2 4-ounce servings of salmon fillets, chicken breast, shrimp, tofu or beans
Make Your Base:
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste for the dressing. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add your choice of greens, your choice of grains, chickpeas, Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries and sliced almonds. Add lemon dressing and toss gently.
Pick Your Protein:
In another small bowl, whisk together remaining lemon, honey and salt and pepper to taste.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a medium size nonstick pan and cook your protein. For example, add salmon fillets to pan and drizzle lemon honey over it, cooking on high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side.
Divide salad onto plates and top each with your choice of protein. Serve immediately.
Meal Prep Tip: Stock up on base salad ingredients and a combination of options for easy, gourmet dinners in under 30 minutes all week long!