- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt (or ½ teaspoon regular table salt)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or coconut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces or 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries (or 2 1/2 cups of your preferred berry/fruit, chopped into ½” pieces if necessary), divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Optional toppings for serving: yogurt, additional maple syrup or honey for drizzling, fresh fruit
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, toasted nuts, spices, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup, egg, half of the butter, and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
Reserve about ½ cup of the berries and 1/3 cup of Craisins® dried cranberries for topping the baked oatmeal. Arrange the remaining berries and Craisins® evenly over the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish (if using frozen fruit, no need to defrost). Cover the fruit with the dry oat mixture, then drizzle the wet ingredients over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to move the milk through the oats to the bottom.
Scatter the remaining berries and Craisins® over the top.
Bake for 42 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden and lightly crisped. Let rest 10 minutes. Drizzle the remaining melted butter on the top before serving.