- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pound mixture of lean cubed beef, pork and lamb
- 1 16-ounce package frozen chopped onions
- 2 16-ounce cans tomatoes, drained
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 4-ounce can hot chilies, chopped
- 2 16-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add meat and brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add onion to pot. Cook until the onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
Return meat to pot. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, salad dressing mix, chilies, kidney beans, cumin and cranberry apple drink. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
Add pineapple chunks with juice to chili. Break up tomatoes with a fork. Bring to a boil and serve.
Makes 8 servings.