- 1 pound Challah loaf, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
In a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish, shingle bread into pan. Add pecans and Craisins® Dried Cranberries in between bread slices.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, salt and pour onto bread.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 20 minutes loosely covered in foil. Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the center is cooked through.
Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Add additional Craisins® Dried Cranberries and powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup if desired.