- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 15 to 16-ounce cans spicy chili beans
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 12-ounce bottles Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, chopped onions and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are softened.
Stir in chili beans, tomatoes, chili sauce, cranberry sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Or pour ingredients into 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until mixture is heated through. Divide chili evenly among bowls. Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions.
Makes 6 servings