- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 11-ounce can Mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, cut in half
- 1 red apple, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cup shredded coconut
- 6 small to medium navel oranges, optional
Remove cranberry sauce from can according to package directions. Slice cranberry sauce in half. Place one half in large serving bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except coconut, mixing to coat.
Cut remaining half of cranberry sauce into 1/2-inch cubes. Gently toss cubes into ambrosia mixture.
Top salad with shredded coconut. Salad can be made up to 6 hours before serving.
Makes 12 1/2-cup servings.
To serve ambrosia salad in orange cups, cut six oranges in half. Hollow out orange halves with grapefruit spoon; reserve pulp and juice for another use. Wrap hollowed-out oranges tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time. When ready to serve, spoon 1/2 cup ambrosia salad into each orange half and top with shredded coconut.