- 1 cup or
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped, toasted
- 1 cup parsley leaves with some stems
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Soak the Craisins® in the vinegar for approximately 15 minutes or until softened. Drain the mixture but keep the vinegar.
In a small skillet over low heat, add the vinegar, sugar, red onion and fennel. Simmer the mixture for approximately 10 minutes or until the liquid slightly thickens to a thin syrup. Allow the mixture to cool.
Combine the Craisins®, onion mixture, zest, salt, olive oil, pine nuts and parsley and serve room temperature.
Optional/Chef’s Tip: For a little extra heat, try adding crushed red pepper flakes to this mixture. Add this mixture to the top of your favorite pork, poultry, seafood, grain, noodle or vegetable dishes.