- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Ruby Red greens (or ½ package Baby Red Butter Lettuce mixed with ½ package of Baby Spinach)
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned (10 to 12 sections)
- 2 pieces thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted sunflower seeds
TO MAKE DRESSING: Combine all dressing ingredients in 1-cup glass measuring cup. Whisk vigorously.
TO MAKE SALAD: Divide each salad ingredient equally between 2 plates; set aside.
Pour dressing evenly over each salad.
Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a side salad.