- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2-3 teaspoons curry spice blend
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly shredded
- 4 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
In a medium sized pot with lid, bring the stock, saffron, and salt to a boil.
Once mixture is boiling, add the basmati rice. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
After the 20 minutes, remove the rice from the heat and let cool for a few minutes while you gather the other ingredients.
In the rice pot or a bowl, fluff the rice with a fork and gently toss in everything except the scallions, mixing until well incorporated.
Garnish with sliced scallions and serve.