- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
Place the sliced cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, honey or maple syrup , sesame oil, olive oil, cranberries , white miso and ginger. Drizzle the mixture over the cucumbers.
Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds, more dried cranberries, blueberries and crushed red pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright Caddy Cabrera