- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked tri-colored quinoa
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- For the Candied Walnuts:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa and cover and lower heat to simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Add Craisins® Dried Cranberries and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add nuts, sugar, brown sugar and salt and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Pour nuts onto lined tray and separate pieces. Set aside to cool.
In a food processor, add olive oil, lime juice, Craisins® Dried Cranberries, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until well incorporated.
Combine quinoa, broccoli florets, parsley and dressing and toss well. Top with candied nuts and serve immediately.