skip to content
Low Calorie Cranberry Sauce

Low Calorie Cranberry Sauce

Low Calorie Cranberry Sauce


  • Delicious recipe Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Delicious recipe Cook time: 20 minutes
  • Delicious recipe Servings: 2 1/4 cups or 9 (1/4-cup) servings


2 1/4 cups or 9 (1/4-cup) servings

1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries

1 cup water or fruit juice

Sugar substitute to taste


Combine cranberries and water in a saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar substitute.

Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 2 1/4 cups or 9 1/4 cup servings.

Note: Special diet cranberry sauces made without sugar or with sugar substitutes do not gel.

PER SERVING: Cal. 21 (1%DV), Total Fat 0grams, Chol. 0mg, Sodium 7mg (<1%DV), Pot. 39mg (1%DV), Total Carb. 5grams (2%DV), Dietary Fiber 1gram (5%DV), Sugars 1gram, Protein 0grams, Vitamin C 13mg (21%DV), Dietary Exchange: Fruit 0.5


*required field

Rate this recipe*

Will never buy Canned Cranberry Sauce Again

Cyn from N Brunswick, NJ 11/22/2017 at 11:42 PM

Very easy recipe! I put a couple of slices of ginger, a couple whole cardamon pods and small piece of cinnamon stick. I removed the spices when it was cooked. To thicken I mixed a couple of teaspoons of cornstarch with an equal amount of water. I added this bit by bit to the cooked sauce until it was the proper consistency. The result was the best cranberry sauce I have ever tasted! Even my husband who refuses to eat the canned variety is a fan!

Sugar free that gels

11/29/2014 at 01:13 PM

Agreed, you CAN make a sf cranberry sauce that will gel. one packet of Knox and for more flavor (and less Splenda), use a box of sf Jell-o, berry flavor of choice. I add chopped orange and walnuts with a 1/4 tsp of cardomon

A little fix up

Sari from Bristol, CT 11/20/2014 at 01:35 PM

I use Diet Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice for the liquid and Splenda for the sugar subsitutue. I press the mix through a wire seive over a large mixing bowl to remove all of the skin and pulp. I then wisk in 1 pkg of cranberry sugar free jello (stop & shop store brand usually) I then pour the mix into molds and refrigrate. They set up just like regular cranberry sauce from a can.


Mary from perkins, MI 02/15/2011 at 02:16 PM

I use Knox gellatin disolved in a little cold water according to pkg. directions. Add to cooking cranberrys. When berry's are done I refrigerate until gelled.

click to see more