- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- dash ground fennel seed
- 1 ounce flaxseed oil
- 2 ounces olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 package Fresh Express Tender Ruby Reds
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
TO MAKE DRESSING: Combine juice cocktail, vinegar, basil, honey, mustard and fennel seed in small bowl. Whisk vigorously. Whisk in flaxseed and olive oils in slow steady stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TO MAKE SALAD: Combine lettuce, dried cranberries, onion and sunflower seeds in large bowl. Drizzle salad with dressing; gently toss to coat well. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a side salad.
TIP: Add grilled shrimp for a sensational light supper.