- 1 teaspoon Szechuan pepper (or sub regular pepper)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili paste (or sub ½ tablespoon dried chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (or mirin)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
In a small saucepan add all ingredient and bring to a simmer, immediately turn off the heat.
Once slightly cooled, blend the sauce using a small blender or hand blender to combine the ingredients.
Store in the fridge or use immediately.
Chef Note: Use the sauce with your favorite stir-fry vegetables, grilled meats, or thicken with a few tablespoons of cornstarch and use on your favorite Asian inspired noodle dish