- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 6-ounce package baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Cook shallot 1 minute or until softened. Stir in remaining dressing ingredients; cook until mixture boils and is thick. Cool to room temperature. Whisk in remaining oil.
Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Top with strawberries. Drizzle with dressing and top with almonds.