- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch thick lengthwise wedges
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno chiles
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons Ocean Spray® 100% Cranberry Juice
- 1 teaspoon chipolte flavored hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes on large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the salt, the chili powder and onion powder. Toss to coat; spread on pan so potatoes aren’t touching. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until fork tender, turning once half way through cooking.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno chiles; cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, allspice and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook for 1 minute. Stir in cranberries, cranberry juice, hot sauce and maple syrup. Cook until cranberries start to pop. Pour mixture into food processor bowl with metal blade. Process until smooth. Serve with sweet potato wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
2008 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist
Trout Lake, WA