Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website or failure to object after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect
Personal information" is defined in different ways in different legislation but is generally any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including without limitation:
- Personal details (e.g. name, gender, age, date of birth, place of birth, civil status, nationality)
- Authentication and identification information (e.g username, password, IP address)
- Other contact details (such as telephone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- Transactional information (e.g information about your queries, requests or complaints)
- Information from using cookies and other device identifying technologies (“Cookies and Tracking Technologies”)
- Employment and education details (e.g. the organization you work for, your job title and your education details)
- Identification and behavior data (e.g. name, address (private/work), phone number (private/work), e-mail address (private/work), country of residence, electronic identification data (cookie identifiers, logged data, IP addresses, your browser type and language, your access times, details of how you use our products and services, details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.)
- Your postings on blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications, regarding Ocean Spray or its products or services
- Your personal preferences related to our products;
- Purchase behavior, likes and dislikes per social media activity and data from online profiles
- Information provided by you when you communicate with the Website for any reason
By using this Website you affirm that you are the age of majority (or at least 18 years of age). We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy. Our site is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children. Where appropriate, we will explicitly instruct children not to provide such personal data on the site and/or will take reasonable measures to obtain parental consent to such submission. We encourage parents to instruct their children to use their personal data in a safe and responsible manner while using the Internet.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please refer to the "Contact Us" section below.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the Information Collected in California page for more information.
How We Collect Information
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us from a variety of sources. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
Information Provided Directly by You. There are several ways you can directly provide us information through the Website and associated platforms. For example, you may give Ocean Spray information in the following ways: when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you submit an application for a position with us; when you sign up for a webinar or event; when you fill out a questionnaire; when you enter a sweepstakes or contest hosted on this site; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. To summarize, information we collect on or through our Website may include without limitation:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services.
- By submitting a telephone number or email address on the Website, you agree that a representative of the Website can contract you at the number or email you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/ SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any services or products.
- Your report of a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys, contests, or promotions
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your posts. You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized person.
Information Automatically Collected as You Navigate the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including without limitation:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is for statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information from Other Platforms. Ocean Spray, in addition to this website, operates on several other social media platforms and other websites. We may share information about how you interact with our social media content. These other platforms are, in most cases, operated in the U.S. and will comply with the privacy law within the applicable country.
Use of your Personal Information
The information collected and stored by Ocean Spray relating to you is primarily used to enable you to receive products and services from them in the best possible manner. We also use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity when you visit our Website
- Provide, improve and personalize your experience on the Website
- Address your enquiries and requests
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including law enforcement requests
- Communicate with you about our products or services
- Process your requests for information and/or providing support services to you
- Analyze trends
- Provide third parties with statistical information about the users of the Website
- Conduct customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities
- Use aggregated personal data and statistics to monitor website usage and help us better our website, products or services
- Meet our contractual obligations to you under our terms and conditions of use
- Exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law
- Understand how the Website or our platform(s) are used, including by generating and analyzing statistics
- Send you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided.
Legal basis for the processing
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases, the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Pursuant to your consent
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide you with any products or services you purchase, and to administer any promotions you sign up for
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to a court order and exercise and/or defend our legal rights
- To meet our legitimate business interests, for example to ensure that we can provide you with our services and/or information on our products. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us at the details below.
We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law (for example, in relation to our direct marketing activities, Cookies and Tracking Technologies or when we process sensitive personal information). If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice.
Disclosing or Sharing your Information
Where applicable, your personal information may be disclosed by Ocean Spray to any of its affiliated business entities or third parties as necessary to provide products and services to you. We may also share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Ocean Spray affiliated companies. We work closely with all companies that make up Ocean Spray
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us or jointly with us. For example, we may partner with other companies to optimize our services
- Analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the improvement and optimization of the website
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Asset purchasers. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party
- Contract parties. We may share your personal information if we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
- For the purposes of collecting your feedback on Ocean Spray’s service provision, to help us measure our performance and to improve and promote our services
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services). See the section on "International Data Transfer" below for more information.
Information Security and Storage
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all our employees to keep personal information confidential and only authorized personnel have access to this information. We take reasonable steps to ensure all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You agree that you will immediately notify Ocean Spray of any unauthorized use of your username, password and/or user account, if applicable, and ensure that you log out after each session and agree to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We may keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Deal with any complaints regarding our products or services
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Your rights over your personal information
You have certain rights regarding your personal information under local law. These could include the following rights to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- Access your personal information
- Rectify the information we hold about you
- Erase your personal information
- Restrict our use of your personal information
- Object to our use of your personal information
- Withdraw any consents you have given
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- Object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
In addition to the restrictions and obligations of this Policy, we always comply with the letter and spirit of applicable national laws that protect the privacy of personal information. This Policy also applies in nations where we operate, that do not have privacy or information protection laws. If you would like to exercise a right under a different privacy law, please contact as detailed below or see our Information Collected in the European Union or Information Collected in California page.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us using the contact details below. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests. If you feel that your rights have been violated, you should contact us at the address below or lodge an official complaint as detailed in the “Contact Us” section.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy and your personal information, please contact us as follows: